booksandthings

YA Fanatic

Librarian who loves everything about books. Generally read Young Adult.

every day Book Review

Every Day - David Levithan

Ah, man. Feeling conflicted about this one. Really ended up liking it in the end but a lot of it felt very "preachy" for me as well as too much of insta-love. I get what David Levithan is trying to do with every day but more times than not I wished he hadn't.

A wakes up in a different body every day. Never knowing where he is going to end up. Everything changes when he meets Rhiannon, the girl of his dreams. He wakes up every day after that with one thing in mind, finding Rhiannon. With no care about the life of the body he's hosting he wants to find her. But can they make it work?

Literally right off the bat we are introduced to Rhiannon. No background, no history on our main character and little to no character development relationship wise. These two do grow on me and I enjoyed the ending more than the beginning. For me, it would have been better if the ending was more of the climax and things picked up after that.

Levithan has never been a stand out author for me and I'm not sure if I'll rush to read or listen to another book by him.