booksandthings

YA Fanatic

Librarian who loves everything about books. Generally read Young Adult.

Keep Me Safe Book Review

Keep Me Safe: A Slow Burn Novel - Maya Banks

I actually read the second one in the Slow Burn series first and I'm glad I did. I felt like I knew the characters better because this one is pretty much all action and didn't really allow me to know the characters as much as book two. Not to mention the second one is much better.

Remy St. Claire has been on the run for most of her life. Her stalker on her every move. And now refusing to use her powers to help those in need. But then Caleb Deveraux shows up on her doorstep forcing her to use her psychic powers to help find his missing sister. But Caleb never knew what consequences her powers had in for her.

I enjoyed the audiobook for this one but like I said, book two is just much better. The plot for this was a bit silly and over dramatic and Remy is a bit too much of a damsel in distress for me. She was whiny 90% of the time (while yes with good reasoning to be), I just wish she would have sucked it up for once like our female protagonist does in the second one.

I liked Caleb, but not as much as Beau. The two are a bit too similar in tastes but Caleb comes off much too knight in shining armor for me to thoroughly love.

My other complain is how this book randomly goes into other POV'S than Caleb and Remy. Which I didn't find necessary, especially Tory's two or three chapter POV. I'd rather just have a book about her.

We'll see how the third one goes as I already have it on hold through my library.