booksandthings

YA Fanatic

Librarian who loves everything about books. Generally read Young Adult.

A Court of Mist and Fury Book Review

A Court of Mist and Fury - Sarah J. Maas

HOLY. This was BRILLIANT. I was a bit daunted at first folks, because it is a LONG book. It's over 600 pages. But every single word and every single page is GLORIOUS. I literally cannot get enough of these characters. And that ending? We have to wait forever for the next book I'm sure.

Feyre is set to marry Tamlin. But she feels trapped and when she literally is trapped in her own "home" she wants nothing but to get away. Then Rhysand shows up and winnow's her away. Feyre feels broken and shallow because of Tamlin's betrayel. But, larger acts are at play, a war is brewing from Amarantha and her and Rhysand have to work together to protect his land.

I freaking love Feyre. She's a bad ass female character willing to train and do what it takes to protect herself and her friends. And let's not mention how HOT Rhysand turns out to be.

This book never bored me, it has a lot of heart pounding action, some pretty hawt and sexy scenes, it only gets better and better the more you keep reading. I love and hate a lt of these characters (well done Maas). And THAT ending.

A Court of Mist and Fury is miles better than the first book and I cannot wait to see what is in store. Because, man, I did not see the ending coming at all. My heart is still pounding.