booksandthings

YA Fanatic

Librarian who loves everything about books. Generally read Young Adult.

Pretty Girls Book Review

Pretty Girls: A Novel - Karin Slaughter

This is my first Karin Slaughter novel. And if anything, I learned she can write some sickeningly disturbing characters. Be warned, this is definitely not for the faint heart. There is quite a bit of graphic violence throughout. I found myself really enjoying these characters and how deep Slaughter was able to get with them.

Claire has just lost her husband, Paul. Murdered in an alleyway trying to protect her. But when the FBI shows up and an investigation starts Claire starts to learn that her husband isn't at all who she thought he was. And that maybe her sister Lydia was telling the truth about being assaulted by Paul in the past. Unfortunately, its a little too late for believing her now.

Paul is one sick bastard. Its frightening to think that you could marry someone and really not know anything about their real life. I though Slaughter portrayed that well.

I'm giving this four stars because I was able to read it in a matter of hours. I just did not want to put it down. Its disturbing, but a fast paced heart pounding read. I just might have to read more thrillers like this one.