booksandthings

YA Fanatic

Librarian who loves everything about books. Generally read Young Adult.

Illuminae Book Review

Illuminae - Jay Kristoff, Amie Kaufman

So I read this last year when it came out and wanted to re-read it in prep for Gemina to come out next week. I listened to it this time around and the audio book is so cool. It has a full cast, sound effects and everything (a bit distracting at times when driving!). The voices for Aiden, Kadie and Ezra were very well done. It honestly felt like I was watching Star Wars at some points.

They've been attacked. Their hometown obliterated. Kady and Ezra find themselves on two different ships, There's a war going on and the Lincoln is quickly approaching, ready to destroy them at any moment. Not only that, there's a deadly virus and an erratic robot out to get them.

The romance isn't my favorite in this series, if anything I think that is its only downfall. But man, its still one of the coolest books I've read in the past couple of years.

I do think you get more out of reading the actual book as you miss the graphics and the cool spiral images when you listen to it. But the audio definitely makes for a really good re-read and an exciting drive.