booksandthings

YA Fanatic

Librarian who loves everything about books. Generally read Young Adult.

Reading Goals 2016--- How I did...

1. GoodReads Challenge: I'm making my goodreads challenge a bit lower this year as I did not beat my 2015 of 200, just 20 books short. Grad school got in the way a bit. So I'm going to make it 150 books in 2016.

-I read 200 books in 2016! I barely made it but I'm really proud of myself, I listened to a lot of audio books as well, I wouldn't even be able to commute to work now if I didn't have those audio books to enjoy to and from work. How many did you read in 2016?

2. Classic Challenge: I did poor on this, I read two or three last year and want to do better so I'm joining the classic challenge and going to try and read one classic a month. Including children's classics.

- I did okay on this one, I read a few adult classics, like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Lord of the Flies, I also read Maltilda and the BFG. I'm just not that into classics to really enjoy reading them all that much.

3. Newberry Award: Also continuing this. I got pretty far as there are A LOT of winners. So I'm continuing this challenge and should easily finish.

- I read maybe ten or so of these this year. They are all pretty awful to me, with a few standing out. So its really hard to get into reading all of the past ones. I'm debating whether or not I will continue reading Newberrys in the next year.

4. Branch Out: I read a lot of young adult. But as a librarian I want to branch out more, I did that last year with graphic novels. This year I want to focus on adult mysteries and contemporary.

- I read many adult books and listened to many adult books, romance, thriller and contemporary. I got really into Maya Banks, enjoyed Jennifer Weiner, and read a few interesting thrillers/mysteries, my favorite being Rowlings newest one.

5. Reread favorites: I want to take time this year to re-read some of my favorites. Definitely going to start with Harry Potter.

- Read HP again, enjoyed it so much, reread Fangirl and a few others as well! Yay! I need to re-read more often!

I'm super happy with my reading goals for 2016...How did you do this past year?