2. Classic Challenge: I did poor on this, I read two or three last year and want to do better so I'm joining the classic challenge and going to try and read one classic a month. Including children's classics.
- I did okay on this one, I read a few adult classics, like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Lord of the Flies, I also read Maltilda and the BFG. I'm just not that into classics to really enjoy reading them all that much.
3. Newberry Award: Also continuing this. I got pretty far as there are A LOT of winners. So I'm continuing this challenge and should easily finish.
- I read maybe ten or so of these this year. They are all pretty awful to me, with a few standing out. So its really hard to get into reading all of the past ones. I'm debating whether or not I will continue reading Newberrys in the next year.
4. Branch Out: I read a lot of young adult. But as a librarian I want to branch out more, I did that last year with graphic novels. This year I want to focus on adult mysteries and contemporary.
- I read many adult books and listened to many adult books, romance, thriller and contemporary. I got really into Maya Banks, enjoyed Jennifer Weiner, and read a few interesting thrillers/mysteries, my favorite being Rowlings newest one.
5. Reread favorites: I want to take time this year to re-read some of my favorites. Definitely going to start with Harry Potter.
- Read HP again, enjoyed it so much, reread Fangirl and a few others as well! Yay! I need to re-read more often!
I'm super happy with my reading goals for 2016...How did you do this past year?