booksandthings

YA Fanatic

Librarian who loves everything about books. Generally read Young Adult.

My Life With the Walter Boys Book Review

My Life With The Walter Boys - Ali Novak

I feel like I'm being nice giving this two stars. I really wanted to like this book but its just not well written. There are zero emotions throughout and after reading the about me page in the end its pretty obvious that this story started out on Wattpad, I don't mean that as a compliment.

Jackie Howard is from New York, not used to country living. But that all changes when her parents and sister die in a car accident and she's sent to live with her Aunt who has seven boys living with her. Jackie isn't comfortable with one boy, much less seven of them.

Man, this was so disappointing. I read the description and was super exciting about the plot line. First of all, your parents dying would be a severely traumatizing event in in your lifetime. This author has no idea how to write these emotions. I didn't feel anything from Jackie, she may have shed a few tears but she was just so dull.

And the boys? Not what I wanted at all. Super obnoxious and hated the love triangles between Jackie and them. Kinda gross in my opinion. I would have rather had some brotherly sisterly feelings since they were living together.

Totally disappointed in this one.