booksandthings

YA Fanatic

Librarian who loves everything about books. Generally read Young Adult.

Just One Day

Just One Day - Gayle Forman Wow. This is quite a book. Gayle Forman sure does have a way with words. I absolutely love her writing, possibly more than the actual storyline.

We meet Allyson on a trip of a lifetime, throughout Europe. Then we meet Willem. They fall in love for a day. A beautiful, wonderful day in Paris. A spur of the moment thing for Allyson. Something she's never done before. And boy does it change her life

I really liked Allyson. She's smart, willing to take chances, and has a lot of character development throughout the story, especially when it comes to her Mom (who annoyed my quite a bit.)

I have my theories about Willem. I won't say them here, because it would spoil a lot of the story. I am very excited to start Just One Year, in Willem's point of view. We'll see if I'm anywhere close to thinking why Willem acts the way he did.

Some of my favorite quotes from this book:

"We're swimming separately now. I get that. Maybe its just what you have to do to keep above the water. But who knows? Maybe one day, we'll climb out, grab hands, and jump again."

"I think you're the sort of person who finds money on the ground and waves it in the air and asks if anyone has lost it. I think you cry in movies that aren't even sad because you have a soft heart, though you don't let it show. I think you do things that scare you, and that makes you braver than those adrenaline junkies who bungee-jump off bridges."

Highly recommended. Makes sure you the sequel right by you when you finish. You'll want to keep reading!