booksandthings

YA Fanatic

Librarian who loves everything about books. Generally read Young Adult.

Days of Blood and Starlight Book Review

Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone) 1st (first) Edition by Taylor, Laini [2012] - Laini Taylor

There are those series that have that book that you have a hard time getting through. Laini Taylor is superb at everything, detail, word-building, characters, and the act of never leaving you bored. Throughout this entire book you're wanting more, more and more. More of Akiva, more of Karou, more chimera's and more angels. She knows where to leave you hanging as well.

Karou now knows she's a chimera and that Akiva is her kind's enemy. Without much choice she joins her kind, her kind who call her traitor and whore. It's up to her to make sure they know she didn't tell Akiva any secrets.

This book is much more Karou's story than Akiva, that being said I didn't miss Akiva much, he has his storyline, and his big moments - especially near the end, but most of it is Karou, and I think it was needed.

I am extremely excited to continue listening to this series, it's been a while since I've read one as strong as this. If you haven't picked up Daughter of Smoke and Bone I strongly urge you to do so, I promise you won't be disappointed.

Audio Book: I have a feeling I wouldn't have enjoyed this nearly as much as I did with the audiobook. There are many difficult names and cities (what with it being in Prague and other worlds). The reader is brilliant at accents and indentations. She doesn't miss a beat and is perfect at storytelling.