booksandthings

YA Fanatic

Librarian who loves everything about books. Generally read Young Adult.

Taking Chances Book Review

Taking Chances - Molly McAdams

What. Did. I. Just. Read? I'm still trying to figure it out. I'm not one to normally be harsh on books because I know how much effort it takes to write one and that generally there are fans of every book out there. But this one? From the grammar, to the characters and the plot. Just awful. Head desk, head desk head desk.

After growing up with her military father, who she's forced to call Sir, Harper is finally on her own and off to college where she meets her party of a roommate. There she's surrounded by beautiful boys and finds herself in the love triangle she never wanted between sexy, bad boy Chase, and the perfect boyfriend Brandon.

Ugh, I mean it started off decent enough. But then just gets ridiculous. From love triangles, to at one point love quadrangles? This book is everything I never wanted to read in a New Adult novel. Not to mention it reads like fanfiction and in fact follows the plot of practically every fanfiction after.

I doubt I'll read anything else by this author and certainly wouldn't recommend Taking Chances to anyone.