As I near my 200 book goal I want to share with you my top books of this past year. I've read many not so great books but have also found some new favorites. I also started listening to audiobooks, several of my favorites are because I listened to them. These are in no particular order (except maybe the first one). Enjoy, and I hope you ready as many great books as I did!
1. The Lux Series by Jeniffer L. Armentrout. A given because this is the series that fueled my love for this author. Obsessed.
2. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. I've always enjoyed reading Holocaust stories. But never have I found one as brilliant and as heartbreaking as this book.
3. Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein. The companion to Code Name Verity. Another brilliant book. I'll read anything written in the future by this author.
4. The Diviners by Libba Bray. Talk about a terrifying audiobook. Filled with mystery, horror and historical fiction. It has everything I wanted in a book.
5. Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins. This was a surprise. A funny, witty and exciting paranormal fantasy.
6. The Daughter of Smoke and Bones by Laini Taylor. A brilliant series about angels and romance. I liked the first two much more than the third but its definitely something to be talked about.
7.The Treatment by Suzanne Young. A dystopian where suicide is an epidemic. I really liked the first one and was surprised to see how well Young did with book two. Have recommended to fans of Hunger Games and Divergent.
8. Crash Into You by Katie McGarry. All of the angst in this book, but my favorite of the Pushing the Limits series and something I was really anticipating.
9. Article Five Series by Kristen Simmons. I want to re-read this. But I really like the end to the Article Five series and did re-read the first two this year. I just love Dystopians that much.
10. The Delirium Series by Lauren Oliver. The second one fell flat but I absolutely loved book one and three that it definitely deserves a mention.
Several others I enjoyed but did not mention above.
-If I stay by Gayle Forman
-The Waking Dark by Robin Wasserman
-Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman
- Bird by Crystal Chan
-Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
-Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
Well, I think its clear I like fantasy and paranormal stories. Are any of these your favorite? What was your top book this year?