booksandthings

YA Fanatic

Librarian who loves everything about books. Generally read Young Adult.

Fifty Shades of Grey Book Review

Fifty Shades of Grey - E.L. James

Okay, so this wasn't AS bad as I expected. It is definitely HORRIBLY written. No structure with writing style, constant repeats of certain sayings..."Oh, my, I flushed or blushed, and my inner goddess spoke to me." It's incredibly obvious when a book is poorly written when you listen to it. I rolled my eyes...a lot. But with that being said, I didn't mind the BDSM like I thought I would. Ana is an okay character and the relationship is interesting enough to get you a bit hooked.

Anastasia Steele goes on an unexpected interview for CEO, Christian Grey. When first meeting, he's absolutely stunningly gorgeous. The two fall for each other. But Ana, a total newbie in anything romance has no idea what she's about to get into.

I hate Christian Grey. Especially at the end of this book. I didn't mind him most of the time besides the obvious fact that he's a pompous jerk. I don't know why anybody would ever want a man like him in a relationship. Controlling, overbearing and nearing abusive. But, I can't stay its 100% an abusive relationship because ANA WANTS IT. Which really, is just as messed up.

Though, I disliked a lot of this but couldn't stop listening....I'm going to even cave and read the next one because you can't stop with an ending like that. So, well done there E.L. James.