19847 Followers
booksandthings

YA Fanatic

Librarian who loves everything about books. Generally read Young Adult.

Seeker Book Review

Seeker - Arwen Elys Dayton

What a unique book in the young adult field today. It's not quite fantasy, not quite science fiction. A little bit of both and really unlike anything you'll read out there today. For that, I loved it.

Quin, John, and Shinobu have been training to become Seeker's their entire lives. When the moment finally comes its not at all what they expect. Betrayal's are made, lives are changed and the three are thrown into a whirlwhind of a journey they never knew before.

I loved the characters. And HATED specific ones. Characters you think you love become fast enemies. Arwen Dayton CAN write, I'm super impressed this is her debut novel. Her writing style is beautiful and flows extremely well.

There is some time jumps that I was not too fond of. Going back in time randomly and jumping into the future. It ended out working well but its the reason I'm not giving this book a full four stars. I really do feel like the entirety of the past section was not needed.

Definitely thrilled that there is a next one because boy, there's a bit of a cliffhanger. It'll be interesting to see where these characters end up in Traveler (book two).