booksandthings

YA Fanatic

Librarian who loves everything about books. Generally read Young Adult.

Going Bovine Book Review

Going Bovine - Libba Bray

Probably one of the most bizarre books I've listened to. Libba Bray seems to be a hit and miss for me. The Diviner's is one of my favorite books and I'm really looking forward to the sequel. I really enjoyed The Great and Terrible Beauty series when I was in high school. But hated Beauty Queens and thought this one was just weird.

The hallucinations start and Cameron thinks he's going crazy. But, he quickly learns he has a disease that equivalents, the Mad Cow Disease. In a quest to save the world and his life Cameron leaves home and finds him self living a life he never thought possible. From weird statement groups to college kids, Cameron not only wants to save the world but feels a life completely different than his normal.

I get what this book is doing but from the talking gnomes to weird happy camp groups I found it more bizarre than anything. If I had read it rather than listened to it I probably wouldn't have finished. There is a bit of a twist at the end that I saw coming a mile away. So that didn't help either.

Not my favorite Bray book by far. I don't know what it is about this author but her books are all over the place. This is one you're either going to love the craziness or hate it. I find myself on the latter.