booksandthings

YA Fanatic

Librarian who loves everything about books. Generally read Young Adult.

Court of Thorns and Roses Book Review

A Court of Thorns and Roses - Sarah J. Maas

This is my first Sarah J. Maas book and I'm glad I finally got around to reading something by her. I definitely am a new fan and will be reading her Throne of Glass series. Court of Thorns and Roses was really enjoyable for me, I didn't get bored and that's saying something as its over 400 pages long.

Feyre lived in the human world taking care of her father and two older sisters. She does the hunting and everything in between. When she kills a wolf and not just a normal wolf she's forced to live in the world of Pyrthian with Tamlin and Lucien. Never to see her family again.

The story is a bit all over the place which is why some people may not enjoy it as much as I did. I loved the world, the characters and the ideas of this series. However, it is being made into three books (of course it is) and I do feel like it could have easily been a great stand-a-lone. So we'll see what she plans to do with these characters in the next two.

Be warned, if paranormal romance is not your thing you will most likely be pretty annoyed with this book. There's quite a bit of it (I'm a sucker for these types of books - ahem Jennifer L. Armentrout).