booksandthings

YA Fanatic

Librarian who loves everything about books. Generally read Young Adult.

AngelFall Book Review

Angelfall: 1 (Penryn and the End of Days) by Ee, Susan (2013) Paperback - Susan Mallery

This is a re-read or rather a re-listen. I read this a year or two ago and didn't totally love it - I had pretty high expectations. But with the third one now out I wanted to give it another shot especially since so many people love this series. I'm definitely glad I chose to listen to it this time around because I definitely fell in love with it more.

Penryn has always been the one to take care of her younger sister, Paige and her slightly insane mother. But, now the angels have destroyed their world. One faithful night they end up in the wrong spot and the wrong time and Paige is taken by the angels. She meets up with an angel, Rafi who lost his wings during the fight. The two work together to find Paige and get Rafi's wings back together.

A different type of apocalyptic story. The reason I didn't enjoy it so much the first time was I didn't love her writing. I still don't. It's a bit choppy and when listening to it she says the same things over and over again.

Other than that its a fun series. I'm looking forward to listening to the next one. We'll see if the author is able to carry this into a trilogy.