booksandthings

YA Fanatic

Librarian who loves everything about books. Generally read Young Adult.

Heir of Fire Book Review

Heir of Fire - Sarah J. Maas

One word to describe Heir of Fire for me? Boring. It took me much longer to read this one than the others. There were two many characters and the plot hardly ever progressed. I did enjoy parts of Celaena's story but even that dragged on forever.

Celaena has entered the realm of Fae where her Aunt and Queen Maeve lives. There she is to be trained by Prince Rowen to discover her true powers. Mean while bodies start appearing and its up to her to embrace her true self as Ailen and figure out who or what is killing them.

I really felt like nothing happened through most of this. It lost the emotion and power the first three books held. I think a big part of that was because of the Fae story line. I did not care for it at all.

There were also too many characters for my liking. I found myself skimming through Manon's story as I didn't care for her at all. Chaol and Darion felt a little dull throughout most of this.

I'm really hoping Queen of Shadow's impresses me more than this one. Because, if I'm as bored as I was with Heir of Fire I probably won't bother to finish it.