booksandthings

YA Fanatic

Librarian who loves everything about books. Generally read Young Adult.

Truthwitch Book Review

Truthwitch - Susan Dennard

"A storm's coming Saf, and you're at its eye. I can be the right hand and you can be the left."

My favorite thing about Truthwitch is definitely the friendship between our two main characters, Safi and Iseult I didn't care for the romance in the story but much rather preferred the importance of Threadsisters and even the brotherhood between Merik and Kallun.

In a world where powers exist among the witches of Witchland. Safi is one of the most powerful Truthwitches out there. With her ability to see the truth its no surprise half the world is after her. And when a contract is made to not spill her blood, Safi and her threadsister, Iseult are on a magical adventure which leads her straight to Merik.

This is definitely a fun fantasy to read. And I recommend it if you're looking for that. What I wasn't as impressed by is the world building. Throughout I was and still am a bit confused by the world of the Witchlands. We don't learn a whole lot about the different places or even about the different witches. Many names are blurted out and I found myself wondering what they even meant.

But, its a fun book nonetheless and I'm really looking forward to reading the next one. I'm just hoping the author improves the world a bit.