booksandthings

YA Fanatic

Librarian who loves everything about books. Generally read Young Adult.

Glass Sword Book Review

Glass Sword (Red Queen) - Victoria Aveyard

Red Queen left us hanging after a thrilling ending and Glass Sword does not disappoint. It certainly packs a punch and I was NOT bored at all throughout the entire book. I actually read this is one day, in a span of about four hours. I gasped, I got angry and I almost threw my book at the TV. I LOVED it.

Mare Barrow now knows the truth about Maven. After a narrow escape her and Mal are with the resistance, including her brother Shade.  She's determined not to run but to fight about King Maven and his tyranny. To do that? They must find the other's like her, the ones with the special powers.

This team kicks ass. I don't know which character I like more, Mare, Mal, Shade, Kilorn, Farley, and so forth. They all have a big part in this book and I loved the relationship between Shade and Mare (I'm always one for siblings in books).

I can't say why I was angry at the ending without spoiling it, so go read this! And we have to wait for over a year until the next one! BECAUSE CLIFFHANGER. Gah.

If I had one tiny complaint and why its 4.5/5 and not 5/5 stars its for the unnecessary amount of metaphors. I do think this book could have been shorter if the metaphors were taken out.

I cannot wait until book three comes out and am telling everyone they should read this series (even if book one falls a little flat at times).