booksandthings

YA Fanatic

Librarian who loves everything about books. Generally read Young Adult.

Jacky-Ha-Ha Book Review

Jacky Ha-Ha - Kerasco√ęt, Chris Grabenstein, James Patterson

Jacky-Ha-Ha is the story of a funny, sarcastic young girl trying to get through middle school. It's a book that is sure to make children laugh out loud but at the same time feel for what the character is going through.

Jacky has a stutter but she hides it by being the class clown. When she gets one to many detentions for her jokes she is being forced to take part in the school Charlie Brown play. With her mom in the army and her dad never and being one of six sisters Jacky can't help but feel that her life sucks and that no one cares about her.

This is very cute. I loved how snarky Jacky is and the pictures throughout. I do think it could have been trimmed down a bit as it feels a bit repetitive in the end. I also enjoyed how its set in the 90's and makes some good jokes about the lack of technology that children are going to enjoy.

Overall it relays a really good message to children. Reader's who enjoy Big Nate, Dork Diaries, I funny and Diary of a Whimpy Kid are sure to enjoy Jacky-Ha-Ha.