booksandthings

YA Fanatic

Librarian who loves everything about books. Generally read Young Adult.

Love and Gelato Book Review

Love & Gelato - Jenna Evans Welch

First of all I adore the cover of this book. And it really fits the story well. Love and Gelato is a super fun summer read set in Italy. And now I really want to visit and eat Gelato. It sounds delicious.

Carolina, known as Lina has suddenly lost her mom to cancer. Her mom's latest request is to go Italy to meet Howard. Lina can only assume that Howard is the dad she never met. There she meets Lorenzo and new adventures arise. Lina gets her mom's old journal and the truth about her mom's time in Italy comes to life. Lina finds herself falling in love and learning stories about her mother she never thought possible.

I love that this is both a great Italian summer adventure as well as the deep emotional story of loss and heartache. The author was able to pull off both very well. The journal entries were very intriguing and added some fun twists and turns to the story.

I'd easily recommend this book to fans of Sarah Dessen and Stephanie Perkins. Its that perfect summer adventure traveling to a romantic country that we would all love to do some day.