booksandthings

YA Fanatic

Librarian who loves everything about books. Generally read Young Adult.

Abandon Book Review

Abandon - Meg Cabot

Meg Cabot is one of those authors who can write in any genre, her usual chick lit is something I loved growing up. Abondon, while the main character is a girl focuses more on mythology and fantasy. But its just as well written as The Princess Diaries.

Pierce died, falling into a pool and drowning with hypothermia, but the doctors were able to revive her. While she died she took a visit to the Underworld. Except nobody believes her, her mom thinks she's crazy. Then John appears. Nothing is the same fro Pierce after he enters her life. She's starting to think she's crazy herself.

This is a perfect book to recommend to fans of the Percy Jackson series. Many children come to me at the reference desk asking for Greek mythology books like Percy Jackson, girls especially, will fall hard for this one. With the Persephone and Hades twist they'll fall in love with Greek all over again.

Another trilogy, but one I'm invested to continue in reading, and thankfully, they are all out, so there's no waiting! I've heard the last two aren't as good as the first, but I'm hoping I'll be proven wrong!